How to Pan Roast
- Preheat oven to 325°F, and an ovenproof sauté pan on high heat on the stove.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper, or as desired.
- Preheat sauté pan on high heat and add a thin layer of oil. Heat until oil begins to shimmer.
- Gently add steaks to pan without overcrowding and sear about two minutes. Flip steaks with tongs and sear other side about two minutes.
- Place pan in preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until steaks reach desired doneness. Use an instant-read thermometer for accuracy.
- Remove steaks from oven and place on clean serving plate. Remove any excess oil from pan.
- Use same pan to create a sauce. Add minced shallots and garlic to hot pan. Stir in red wine to deglaze pan, loosening up the browned bits. Boil briefly and whisk in a bit of chopped cold butter.
- Serve pan sauce over steaks.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.