How to Broil
- Preheat broiler according to oven manufacturer’s directions. Oven rack should be 3 to 5 inches from heating element.
- Place on perforated broiler rack, without overcrowding. Season steaks with salt and pepper, or as desired.
- Place broiler rack in oven.
- When juices begin to rise to the top surface of the steaks, flip with tongs.
- After steaks have cooked a few minutes on both sides, check doneness with an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove steaks onto clean plate and allow them to rest approximately 5 minutes before serving.